1) Contact Zelgadis55, the group's admin, if you have any questions, suggestions, or problems that need addressing.
2) We do NOT provide or share information to any other party (including friends) when resolving member’s issues.
1) No need to ask to join the group.
2) All submissions must be related to TMNT 2012.
3) New members are expected to read these Rules and the -Folder information- and follow them to prevent possible exclusion or banning from the group. You may be warned by an admin for non-compliance with the rules.Complaints that a member "didn't know the rules" are invalid.
4) Submissions must comply with the -DeviantART rules- Anything that goes against the DeviantART policy is not accepted.
5) TurtleCest (T-cest) art IS allowed in this group, however, it IS kept separately from non T-Cest so you won't accidentally stumble across it when browsing the folders. Please do not discriminate against this art or its artists if you don't like it.
6) Be courteous to others. Flaming, insults, disrespect, and art theft are strictly prohibited.
7) Only art related to TMNT 2012 is allowed (mutants, humans, animals, etc. drawn in TMNT 2012 style, or TMNT 2012 characters in other styles such as anime, MLP, Sonic, etc).
8) If you are not sure which is the right folder for your submission, please ask in the comments. Members who post a deviation to the wrong folder will be contacted and asked to resend the submission to the correct folder.
1) Submissions are limited to 5 per day due to the large amount of incoming art.
2) Screenshots (in any form), traced bases, dress-up game pictures, art used without permission, etc. are not allowed.
3) OCs in other styles (anime, sonic, MLP, etc.) are not allowed unless the deviation also contains a character from TMNT 2012.
4) OC submissions must include either a canon 2k12 TMNT character or have it clearly shown in the description or title that the OC is a 2k12 TMNT OC.
5) Avoid posting the same deviation to the group multiple times. Deviations are not automatically approved, to avoid misplaced or non-compliant deviations. Deviations will be accepted by admins.
6) Please refrain from posting multiple versions of the same work - eg: sketch and coloured versions.
7) No WIPs
8) Users who continue posting deviations that are not allowed or stolen to the group will be kicked out and blocked and other members will be warned about the abuser via a journal post. We do not want people like this in our group, for the protection of our members.
9) Deviations sent to Storage will be removed to eliminate clutter on the site. If your picture has been removed due to storage, feel free to resubmit it once it is out of storage.
10) TMNT characters from other official versions (1987, 2003, 2007, 2013 etc) are not allowed unless the characters are redrawn in 2012 style or drawn together with another 2012 character.
11) No ads or personal projects are allowed in comments, journals or rant deviations allowed unless you first ask for permission. The staff hold the right to accept or decline these items. This includes no advertising of where to download episodes.
*Spelling checked by RavenshellRorschach
TMNT Fandom Awards: Featuring Artists and Writers
Recently, I asked your opinions on a TMNT Fandom Awards, and so far everyone had positive feedback. So, before I lose the motivation, I've decided to go through with it ^-^
This awards event is something fun and easy that all TMNT fans can join in on! It's an event to bring us all together to vote for our favorite writers and artists who choose to contribute their time and hard work to this fandom.
What will happen is people will vote for their favorite writers and authors (according to the provided categories) over a period of 4 weeks, then I will put all of t
Here's the link right here ^-^ don't worry, it's an event for the TMNT fandom, no opinion pieces here!
Thanks, I'll put it there. ^-^
The thing is, she isn't really an OC, just one of my friends here on dA who really likes Raph. Would that be the same?
I can establish that you've had some issues with plagiarism and members not abiding by the rules, but I hope you don't mind that I've removed some of the loaded statements that were included in what, ideally, should be a factual piece in order to facilitate the better understanding of members and eliminate mistakes.
Welcome to TMNT2012Fans, a DeviantArt community for fans of the Nickelodeon TMNT 2012 show.
There is no need to ask before joining our group, but we do require that you read and observe the following rules:
· Art must comply with the DeviantArt rules for submissions, anything that goes against the DeviantArt policy is not accepted.
· Be courteous. Do not harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, or personally attack members or moderators.
· We take plagiarism extremely seriously. Any artwork that has been plagiarised from another artist’s work is strictly prohibited.
· Art must be submitted to the right folder. If you are unsure, please ask in the comments.
· Multiple posting of the same deviation within the group is not permitted.
The following artwork is PERMITTED:
· TMNT 2012 artwork. This can include any of the official characters in differing art styles.
· TurtleCest art: pictures of an incestuous nature between the brothers.
The following is NOT PERMITTED:
· TMNT characters from other official versions (Fred Wolf 1987, 4 Kids 2003, Movies, etc), unless the characters are redrawn in 2012 style or drawn together with an official 2012 character in 2012 style.
· No OCs in a non-TMNT art style, unless the deviation also contains at least one TMNT 2012 character.
· Advertising within comments (including for personal projects, competitions, commissions, art trades or journals), unless permission has been granted.
· Any artwork containing a screenshot taken from the show, including where the screenshot has been modified.
· Artwork that has been traced from a screenshot or another artist's work, even with permission.
· Pictures that are dress-up games.
Please be aware of the following:
· Submissions are limited to 5 per day for each folder due to the quantity of incoming art.
· Deviations that have been sent to the Storage will be removed from the group.
· Repeated breach of the rules may result in expulsion from the group and being blocked from rejoining.
· For serious plagiarism offences that are beyond reasonable doubt, a warning to other users may be posted as a journal in order to alert them to check whether their art has been misused.
I think I understand why Angi doesn't want these items on the site... Advertising Journals could be anything from 'I'm doing commissions' to 'I want attention!' to publicly badmouthing someone. Some of these, offers, commissions, contests, requests, etc., are only valid or relevant for certain time periods, after which, it would be our duty to remove them... It would probably just be a hassle to try to keep track of everyone's ads for them. Unless the authors remove the journals themselves or send them to storage, we'd have no easy way of pulling out the outdated ones without looking at every single one. Plus, not every journal that goes up here would have anything to do with TMNT2012, which would require us to read through every entry to see if it was relevant or not. Even having a "bulletin board" of sorts that gets cleared every month or so would mean more work for the admins, and would mean having to re-clear all the posts for people resubmitting the same journals for the next period.
With both screenshots and traces, it comes down to legality and copyright issues. Learning or not, it's using or copying someone else's art. Determining if someone actually asked for permission from the original artist is tricky at best, and is something we don't even want to get into. I have a friend whose pic of Demona is copied all the time; people will say they got permission from her to draw it when they didn't, and there's been others who simply claim they thought it was promotional material for the show... which does not excuse them from copying it. Disallowing screenshots and traces avoids the problems altogether.
Assuming my above understanding is correct, I would hazard to suggest that several of your not permitted rules are unduly strict. Namely:
· Not allowing people to advertise for their own projects or posts within the picture comments. This would sound like it includes alerting people to journal entries where they ask for ideas, linking artwork to stories, etc. A lot of great content may be missed by eliminating this connection path. Also, how does this work for fanfiction or comics where each chapter/page links to the next?
· Not allowing screenshots in any form. This prohibits a lot of great artwork which includes screenshots within it, for comparison or background purposes. I would suggest instead that you require any screenshots to be declared and not forming the bulk of the picture. Also, clarification regarding use of the series logo may be required - is that also not permitted?
· Restricting the ability for artists to trace from other pictures, including screenshots or where permission has been granted. For budding artists, tracing/copying artwork is an excellent way of learning the craft, while sharing on DeviantArt will give feedback to help with improvement and confidence. Where it is from a screenshot or with permission (i.e. not plagiarised) it would seem harmless enough. A separate gallery could always be created to filter such pictures, perhaps?
3) By joining this group you should have read these rules and the folders' informations, otherwise the ignorance might cause exclusion from the group. We expect that everyone will read these rules and will follow them, so that any complaints about that somebody "didn't know" are invalid.
Do you seriously expect people to remember this if they have been a member for a long time?? If someone forgets and submits something then a simple reminder of we don't accept this its in the rules. People forget stuff we are all only human. we are allowed to make mistakes.
And doing this to someones picture is wrong.
i don't care if its a screen shot. You don't write on someone elses stuff just because you think you can. Like i said in that note a simple "we don't accept screen shots please refer to the rules" would of been just fine. you didn't have to go and be a jerk about it for no reason at all.